Career and Vocational Guidance
This area of Guidance helps students to identify career and vocational goals by developing their self-analysis skills and sourcing and managing career information. This involves -
- (a) having an understanding of the pathways into higher education,
- (b) making and carrying out appropriate life choices and plans,
- (c) practising interview techniques, CV writing and cover letters,
- (d) identifying strengths and weakness from the results of various interest and aptitude tests,
- (e) becoming aware of employment opportunities.